Pellucid helps you create amazing data-driven content faster and easier than legacy tools. Use this Quick Start Guide to get up and running as quickly as possible. Here's what's covered:
For an overview of how Pellucid works, watch this short video.
What’s in the Library
The main section of Pellucid is the Library which shows all of the available content. Each content item has a specific analytical focus, such as benchmarking or time series, and includes a range of visual variants. A chart variant is intended as a shortcut, some appearance options are selected by default, but the content can also be customized further. For example, the Comps ranking chart is available with four different variants and each variant can be turned on or off for each chart.
Some charts are curated, meaning the data decisions have already been applied. For example, the Share price over time chart is a curated version of the Metric over time chart. Content is curated by our in-house experts as a fast way to create common pitchbook content.
In addition to charts, there are pages and books. A page consists of multiple charts, and a book consists of multiple pages. Some of these are curated, like the Analyst ratings overview book. Pages and books enable you to order multiple charts at once and are a fast way to quickly learn more about an entity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about adding your own pages and books so you can quickly create frequently needed content.
Ordering and downloading content
To order content, select a content item, and adjust the data, appearance, and size options. Quick links for the different option blocks are available in the side bar.
- Data: Add a subject company and entities (if applicable). Content will be fulfilled with the entities in the same order as they are listed on the page, however, you can group, organize, and save your comps set. For uncurated content, you can also choose which metric to plot using the drop-down menu in the metric selector. Preview and edit the data that will be used in your content by clicking the Generate data files link. This will open a new window with an editable data table of entity names and values.
- Appearance: In the appearance block you can adjust how your content will appear, such as turning on or off summary stats, changing label placement, and more.
- Size: Specify the size of your content and choose to save space for a commentary box. Changing the size and adding a commentary box minimizes any adjustments made to finished items as the content is fulfilled to your specified dimensions. When ready, hit the blue Order button. You will receive an email confirming your order.
There is no limit or incremental cost to what you can order or how many times you can order it. In fact, we recommend that you order the same chart with small adjustments multiple times so you can see which works best for your presentation.
Think of us as your personal content concierge team. Whether it’s reproducing something you already have, creating something from scratch, or if you just need ideas, we’re here to help. Either call (720) 336-5170 or email email@example.com with what you’re looking for and we’ll help you get the content you need ASAP.
What happens once you place an order?
During business hours (M-F, 9 am - 9m pm EST), your order will be attended to as quickly as possible by our content and data specialists. While the content is generally created by software, we check everything to make sure it looks accurate. If there are any issues, you’ll be contacted.
Orders will be fulfilled as quickly as possible, usually within minutes. Fulfillment time varies depending on the complexity of the chart or the data involved. If we think it will take longer than 60 minutes to fulfill your order, we’ll contact you.
When your order is ready, you will receive an email. You can either click the link in your email or go to Orders in Pellucid to download a ZIP file of your content containing a PPTX of the finished item and a CSV of the data. All you need to do is copy and paste the PPTX exhibit into your materials.
Adding notes to fulfilled orders helps you organize your content and find items quickly. To add a note, select the fulfilled content item and add text in the Notes section. Notes can be searched by using the search bar in the Orders section.
Once fulfilled, content can be refreshed with the latest data or edited. To do this, locate the content in the Orders section of Pellucid and click in the More options menu:
- Reorder: Reordering a chart will give you the same metrics, appearance options, and entities as your original order but with the latest data.
- Edit and reorder: This will take you to the content details page with your previous customizations preselected¹. Make any adjustments and when ready, hit Order. Your order will be fulfilled as a new item. This is the fastest way to try lots of different iterations of the same chart.
What happens outside of business hours?
Business hours are Monday-Friday, 9 am - 9 pm ET except for U.S. federal holidays. If you place an order outside of this time, it will be fulfilled when business hours resume.
Data Hub basics
The Data Hub powers all content created in Pellucid and is your mission control for scrubbing and customizing data.
When you first visit the Data Hub, you will see a list of plottable metrics in a data table. Select a subject company, and the data table will populate with values for this company. All of this information comes directly from your connected data provider, from your organization's provided overrides, or a connected internal feed.
The Data Hub is split into three main areas:
- Sources: A non-editable data base that shows all of the data collected from your data provider, including the request codes if applicable.
- Definitions: This is your editable database and where you will spend most of your time. In here you can override values, change how a metric is defined, and add new companies. Any changes you make will be reflected in created content. Learn more about personalizing data.
- Overrides: Here you can see and delete any active overrides.
Important to know about the Data Hub is that everything is tied to a specific data template. A data template binds all analytical decisions together and can be shared across users. For example, all members of the TMT group could use the same TMT template. Any changes made to data or metrics are only applied to the template selected. For instance, if a user changes a value for Microsoft in the TMT template, this value will not be changed for Microsoft in the Healthcare template.
Data templates let you control how a customization is shared and ensures all users in the same group work with the same set of numbers, defined in the same way.
How to get help
In addition to your Customer Success representative, we have a team of dedicated content and data specialists available to help you create the content you need. During business hours you can contact support by:
- Using the Live Chat module in the Help widget
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a callback
We know you're busy. To get you the best help as quickly as possible, you can call Pellucid support to request a callback. Leave a message with your name, number, organization, a brief description of what you need help with, and include if you want to be contacted as soon as possible or at a specific time and date. Your message will be routed to one of our experts who will call you back at your requested time.
¹ If you have edited the data or entity labels using the Generate data files link, this will not be stored and will have to be reentered.