You can add a private company to a chart using the Generate data files link on the content details page. First, you need to create a data CSV containing a placeholder public company. Once this is generated, you override the placeholder company with the private company information.
As an example, Here’s how to add a private company (“Acme Products”) to a Comps Ranking chart for Campbell Soup.
- In the Pellucid Library, search for “comps ranking” and select the chart the Comps ranking chart.
- Add "Campbell Soup" as a subject company using the company search bar.
- Add any publicly-traded comps using the company search bar. Create new comps fields using the +Comps button.
- To add Acme Products, a placeholder publicly-traded company needs to be added to the chart. This can be any company as the data and the entity will be replaced in the following steps. For this example, the placeholder company is Hormel Foods. Add “Hormel Foods” using the company search bar.
- Select up to ten metrics to display in the chart and make any adjustments to the appearance using the options in the Appearance section.
- Scroll to the end of the Data section and click the Generate data files link. A new window will open with two data CSVs. Download both CSV files.
- Open the CSV with “Entities” in the title name. Replace the company name "Hormel Foods" with "Acme Products” and the ticker HRL with ACME. Save the file as a new CSV.
- Open the second CSV with "benchmark" in the title. The column headers are the metrics that will be displayed in the chart. Find the row with the HRL ticker. The data in this row pertains to Hormel Foods, the placeholder company. Change the numbers in this row to the data for Acme Products for each metric listed as a column header. Save the file as a new CSV.
- Return to the Generate data files window in Pellucid. Click the Replace data files blue text link in the Modify section of the window. This will open two upload fields.
- On the left is a list of current data CSV data files. Next to each filename is an upload box. Upload the modified CSV next to the relevant current file.
- To finish, click Place Order at the bottom of the generate data files window. Your content will be fulfilled using your modified data.
You can add multiple private companies by creating multiple public company placeholders. For example, to add Acme Products, Wonka Industries, and Wayne Enterprise, you would add three additional comps to the chart and replace the entity label and the data for each (steps 4-11).
Please note: Any modifications made to the data will apply to that order only and will not be stored for future use.