We're always making updates to the Pellucid platform. Visit the latest release notes for the most current product and content information.
Dividend contribution option added to market return chart
The Market return contribution from multiple and earnings chart now includes the option to include the dividend contribution. It can be found below the metric selector in the data section.
Show TSR in market return charts
The Share price performance chart series is now called market return charts. With these charts, you can choose to show either share price or total shareholder return as the metric option.
This applies to the following charts:
- Share price performance vs. benchmark indexes is now Cumulative market return vs. benchmark indexes
- Share price performance vs. comps is now Cumulative market returns vs. comps
- Share price performance vs. faded comps is now Cumulative market returns vs. faded comps
Add or remove summary stats and callouts to histograms. Choose callouts in the Appearance section.
Callout options are:
- Subject company
- Individual comps group indexes
- Single comps index [across all groups]
- Market index
- Show over/under subject company pies
Two new market return content items
In Library > Pages order the Cross sectional market returns snapshot and the Market return decomposition scatter
- Cross sectional market returns snapshot: comprises two charts both of which feature the same color and option treatments: Shareholder return across the market chart and Market return decomposition scatter.
- Market return decomposition scatter: explains the drivers of market performance by deconstructing the trailing price returns of each company in a market index into standalone contributions from changes in reported earnings and changes in valuation multiples.
Change index construction
Additional methodology choices for index construction are available in the Appearance section. You can now change the default construction of the market index from aggregates to average or median.
Select Series lines
Add or remove series lines for subject company, individual comps, comps groups, comps index, and market index. Select different series lines in the Appearance section.
Cross sectional histogram chart series
The cross sectional histogram has been expanded to a chart series, offering an array of customization options including call outs, different summary stats, and vertical or horizontal layouts.
The cross sectional histograms are designed to show a complete distribution of a given metric for a cross-section of companies, such as the constituents of the S&P 500. By leveraging these additional options, you can give greater context and insight with your pitchbook charts.
1. Add benchmark index aggregate call outs
Reference lines can be added to overlay the metric’s value for other key benchmarks, such as the subject company or other index aggregates. Choose from individual comps groups indexes, single comps indexes, or market index.
2. Show summary stats
Summarize the underlying distribution of your chosen metric across the market by adding an aggregate, mean, or median summary stat call out to your histogram.
3. Add over/under proportions
Show the proportions of the distribution that falls above a key reference value using over / under proportion donuts. You can choose either subject company, market index, or comps index to serve as the calculation for the reference value.
In Library > Charts you will find six variations of these charts already started to help you get content quickly. Just choose if you want a vertical or horizontal histogram, whether you want to add call outs, donuts, or summary stats, and choose the chart with those options already pre-selected. Additionally, you can combine these features in any way you choose to get completely customizable content.