The Comps ranking chart has been expanded to a chart series, offering additional customization options, so you have greater control over the chart’s appearance.
The Comps ranking chart is an update to a traditional comps table. Each entity is ranked by metric and shown as a different color. By following the threaded colors, you can compare each by metric, and by overall performance. Up to ten metrics can be shown in a single chart and entities can be grouped and organized using the arrow and +Group buttons.
The new customizations allow you to include or remove different chart elements such as summary tables, labels, and averages. These options are:
- Entities: By default, the subject company and the individual comps are plotted on the chart. Uncheck the boxes to remove them.
- Summary statistics: Add an individual comps group index summary stat and add a single comps index across all summary stats as an aggregate, mean, or median average.
- Entity order: Choose to place the subject company at the top, bottom, or in line in the chart and choose to sort entities by the mean ranking of all the data columns, by the first column of data, or by the comps list as entered.
- Summary stat treatment: Show summary stats as a table at the bottom of the chart or include them as an entity row.
- Rankings: Include a label for each ranking (placing a number to the left of each entity showing its average rank), or choose to show this as an additional metric column.
- Labeling: Choose where to place column labels and to show them as two or one lines (e.g. “Leverage: Debt / EBITDA” or just “Debt / EBITDA”). Also, choose to label companies as their full name or just ticker.
- Coloring: There is the option to show the subject company as a strong color and to use a solid or faded color for the column header.
You can also choose various size and width options for the chart.
In Library > Charts there are four variations of the Comps Ranking chart already started. All of the customization options can be combined in multiple ways so you can create exactly the content you need.