In the Data Hub, you can override any value and these changes will flow through to your content. Overrides are only applied to your personal account and not shared institutionally.
EXAMPLE: How to override Microsoft's EBITDA value
- In Pellucid > Data Hub, select Definitions from the navigation at the top right of the page (Definitions is the default view each time you visit the Data Hub).
- At the top of the plottable items table, you can select a data template. The options will vary, depending on your account. A data table standardizes methodologies by product, industry, or group, and any overrides will only apply to the selected data template. Select the “default” template.
- In the Category drop down menu, select Financial statement items. Data categories will vary depending on your data connections.
- Underneath the data template and data category options, search for Microsoft in the subject company, and select an August 25 end date, LTM period, and USD mm.
- Once the numbers have loaded, scroll through the different metrics and find EBITDA. In the first column of numbers, hover over the corresponding number and click the pencil icon. This will open the definition editor.
- In the definition editor, the Attributes box will confirm the data template, company, metric item and period. The Definition value box shows the current value and if it has been modified. By clicking Details, you can see the value’s definition listed as a string of components that generate the value. This definition can be changed.
- Enter a value in the Override box on the Definition Editor, ensuring the +/- toggle is on + to apply it as a positive number. When finished, hit Save.
- The numbers will reload and the override will be underlined in blue.
You can review and manage overrides in Data Hub > Overrides.
Learn more about overrides.